Doris Tennant and Ellen Lubell have contributed financial resources, time and expertise to organizations working to advance human rights, domestic and international relief efforts, environmental protection, healthcare, and nuclear non-proliferation. These have included organizations such as those listed to the left.
In recognition of the firm's pro bono work in the field of human rights, Tennant Lubell has received the following awards:
- Massachusetts Bar Association, 2009 Access to Justice Pro Bono Award for Law Firms
- Anti-Defamation League of New England, 2008 Honorable David A. Rose Civil Rights Award
- Newton Human Rights Commission, 2008 Human Rights Award
- Boston Bar Association, 2007 President's Award
- National Legal Aid & Defender Association, 2007 Beacon of Justice Award
- Southern Center for Human Rights, 2007 Frederick Douglass Award